Photo Credit: http://www.twopeasandtheirpod.com
This recipe is the creation of Ron DeSantis, the Director of Culinary Excellence at Yale University. The Yale Alumin Association is a partner organization of ONE.
Yield: 20 Portions
Quinoa 1 lb
Sweet potatoes, peel, med dice 2 ½ lb
Scallions, thinly sliced 1 ½ oz
Walnuts, coarse chop, toasted 2 oz
Raisins 3 ¾ oz
Fresh Italian parsley, chopped 3 Tablespoons
Ginger root, grated 2 teaspoons
Cinnamon, ground ½ teaspoons
Orange juice 2 fl oz
Sherry vinegar ¼ cup
Extra virgin olive oil ½ cup
Kosher salt 1 teaspoon
Black pepper, ground ¼ teaspoon
1. Boil quinoa in water for 15 minutes or until tender, drain, cool and reserve.
2. Preheat oven to 425F.
3. Toss sweet potatoes with ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil. Place onto a roasting pan or baking sheet. Roast in oven for 12 to 15 minutes or until tender and lightly caramelized.
4. Combine the roasted sweet potatoes, boiled quinoa, walnuts, raisins, and parsley.
5. In a mixing bowl whisk together the ginger, cinnamon, orange juice, sherry vinegar, extra virgin olive oil, Kosher salt and black pepper.
6. Pour dressing over the sweet potatoes and quinoa, toss well. Refrigerate.