Photo Credit: http://www.acozykitchen.com/
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 2 level tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup butter, chilled and cut into cubes
- 1 cup sweet potato, cooked and mashed with fork
- 1/3 cup buttermilk
- Combine dry ingredients in a medium sized bowl.
- Using a pastry blender cut in butter till pea size pieces.
- Combine mashed sweet potato and buttermilk. Add to flour mixture stirring just until combined. It will still be crumbly at this point.
- Turn mixture out on counter and knead lightly just until it all comes together in a ball.
- Pat out dough to desired thickness, approx 3/4” thick.
- Cut into biscuits, I used a 3” round cookie cutter.
- Place biscuits on a parchment lined cookie sheet.
- Bake at 400º for 15 minutes.
- Serve warm with your chili.
- Yield: 10 biscuits